washington state marijuana license

Greenbits and
Washington Dispensary Laws

Greenbits is your complete cannabis retail platform. Ringing nearly $4 billion in annual sales, we help 22,000 providers across 1,200 locations in 13 states serve millions of customers.
Come be your best with Greenbits.


” When I communicate with Greenbits, I know they are actually listening.”

Q: How do I make sure I submit timely and accurate taxes each month to the LCB and DOR?

A: Since Greenbits has a full integration with the Washington state traceability system, we automatically submit monthly tax reports on your behalf to the state by the 18th of each month. There’s a simple, one click submit tax report button in the back office, as well as a direct link to the DOR online payment page so Greenbits can be your one stop shop!

Q: How do I ensure vendor and education samples are distributed in a compliant manner?

A: Greenbits pulls the specific “Sample” field from the state traceability system, which ensures anything marked as a sample is dispensed appropriately. We are able to assign employee IDs to education samples and also prevent you from selling a sample for $0 if the vendor forgot to mark it as a sample within the state system.

Q: How do I manage state compliance and my point-of-sale?

A: Greenbits is the only point-of-sale that is fully integrated with the state system. That means you never have to log into your state traceability system again. You can accept and return inventory, report taxes, and report recreational and medical transactions directly from the Greenbits back office and register

Running a retail cannabis business can be taxing if you don’t know what you’re doing. Any small business requires a level of professionalism, but a cannabis business is unique in that the laws of each state, county, and even city differ across the U.S.

Without a consensus, even a seasoned pro in one state will still have to study up on other states, and even once you get the hang of a state’s laws, they can quickly change at any given election. Here’s everything you need to know about operating a compliant cannabis business in Washington, and the state’s cannabis laws.

Discover why Green Bits is the best cannabis dispensary POS software for Washington. Learn how our software can help manage your dispensary in Washington.

Marijuana Licensing

If your potential business will be involved with the production, processing, or retailing of marijuana then you need a marijuana license.

Fee and Description Sheet: English | Korean | Spanish
For more information on Marijuana Fee’s and Discriptions please visit the Business Licensing Service’s Marijuana Web Page.

License Applications

  • Producer license descriptions and fees – Not accepting new applications
  • Processor license descriptions and fees – Not accepting new applications
  • Retailer license description and fees – Not accepting new applications
  • Transportation License
  • Marijuana Research License
  • Cooperatives Registration Application:English | Korean | Spanish
  • Reinstate Retail Cannabis License from Title Certificate

Change Applications – Use these forms to make changes to an existing license
Please mail applications to the Liquor and Cannabis Board – PO Box 43098, Olympia, WA 98504-3098

Note: If your application is pending, these forms do not apply to you. If you have any questions please call Customer Service at 360-664-1600 [email protected]..

All fees are non-refundable. Make check(s) payable to WSLCB.

Business Licensing Services Applications – These changes must be started through BLS
These applications must be mailed to BLS, who will then send the application for continued processing to the LCB. This stage of the process can vary in the length of time that it takes. After the application is assigned to a Licensing Specialist they will contact you to discuss the next steps in the application process.

A marijuana license is an endorsement on your Business License issued by the Washington State Department of Revenue (DOR) Business Licensing Service. You must complete the Business License Application even if you already have a Business License, along with a Liquor and Cannabis Board Marijuana Addendum.

If you are forming a corporation or limited liability company (LLC), you must register with the Washington Secretary of State’s (SOS) office before filing an application with BLS. The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) will not issue a license to a corporation or LLC that is not registered with the SOS. Be sure to include the UBI number issued by the SOS for all license applications and filings.

Note: SOS filing fees are non-refundable and all information received by SOS is public record.

You may need additional local, state and federal licenses for your business that are not covered under the Business License Application. There may be other mandatory permitting/licensing requirements from other regulatory agencies that need to be fulfilled before starting construction. For more information use the link Other Regulatory Requirements.

To receive this document in an alternate format, please call 1-800-647-7706. Teletype (TTY) users may use the Washington Relay Service by calling 711. BLS 700-306 (10/13/15).

*Additional forms or documents may be required by the individual agency.

Marijuana Licensing If your potential business will be involved with the production, processing, or retailing of marijuana then you need a marijuana license. Fee and Description Sheet: