Mafia 3 weed growing
Sold a single batch of weed for $10,000 or more
As the description says, you need to sell a single batch of weed for $10,000 or more. At first, $10,000 might seem like a lot of money but the final strain you unlock will guarantee you make a minimum of $10,000 for every batch sold.
The trick is to constantly use the Lab feature (unlocked at level 2) to add Hybrid seeds to your strains to make them better. At first, you will only have a few choices to make (as other seeds are locked until later levels) but the goal is to Hybridize a plant with any seed to increase its stats. Once you’ve planted that Hybrid plant, as soon as it’s ready to be harvested you can Hybridize that same plant again to add even better stats to it!
It’s hard to explain on paper but once you get the hang of it in-game, it makes sense! Here’s what I used as an example to help you understand:
- I recommend using the second strain, Ruderalis, which is unlocked when you reach level 2.
- Before planting anything, go to the Lab section and choose to Hybridize the basic strain of Ruderalis.
- I combined it with the second seed, Viride (increases Growth Rate so I wouldn’t have to wait too long to plant more), to make a new strain (Let’s call it “Rude1”).
- Plant Rude1 and wait until it’s ready to harvest (which might take approx 1 hour).
- Harvest Rude1 and sell it to whatever area gives you the most money (ignore the positive/negative %s, just look at the total profit at the top).
- Now go back to the Lab, and choose to Hybridize Custom Strains (press on screen). Choose Rude1 instead of the original strain.
- Add another seed to Rude1 (I did Viride again to make it grow really fast), now the new strain we will call “Rude2”.
- Plant Rude2 and wait until you can harvest it, then sell to the highest area.
- Repeat the previous steps with Rude2 to create a new strain “Rude3” and repeat until you sell a batch for over $10,000.
To sum it up, you should be constantly using a newer version of that original strain each time to keep adding new stats to it until the stats are maxed out. Once the stats are maxed, you should have no trouble selling a batch for over $10,000.
Also the fourth strain Sativa will also get you over $10,000 the first time you plant it but it takes forever to grow. By the time you have it unlocked, you will have your Ruderalis strain almost maxed out though so it’s much faster to keep using that.
One final note is fertilizer. It’s incredibly useful to speed up the growth of your plants! With the first upgrade, you can harvest the plant when it reaches 80% completion instead of waiting until 100% but with the second upgrade you only need to wait until the plant hits 50% before you cab to harvest it. If you have a plant that has the best growth time (which is 18 in-game hours/36 real minutes) and you have the final Fertilizer upgrade, you can harvest it in 18 real minutes!
That Good Connect is a Bronze trophy in Mafia III: Definitive Edition. It can be received for: Sold a single batch of weed for $10,000 or more
Mafia 3 weed growing
Reach the Max Herbalism level
Upon completing the second to last main story mission, “Ain’t Nowhere Safer,” you will unlock a side mission for MJ entitled “Herbalism.” This mission allows you to partner up with MJ, using the Grow House to sell weed throughout New Bordeaux.
Once you have this mission, head over to MJ’s new location and speak with him about the operations. The game will more or less guide you in how growing and selling weed will work. First, you will need to use the workbench in the Grow House to plant a strain (a type of herb). After this, you will need to wait a few (or several) in-game hours until the herb is fully matured and ready to sell to one of the nine districts in the city. While the herb is growing, you can check on its progress by opening up the world map and scrolling over the Herbalism mission icon. Here, you can take note of the “Growing Progress” stat to help you keep track of when to return to the Grow House.
When a strain is fully matured and ready to sell, interact with the workbench and you should notice a progress bar at the top of the workbench menu that indicates how much more money you need to make in order to reach the next Herbalism level. All in all, reaching the Max Herbalism level will require you to sell $50,000 worth of herbs.
Each time you hit a new Herbalism level, MJ will task you with roaming the city in order to find new strains that will yield better quality. At any time, you can use the herbs you have collected to create your own experimental strains, which often yield better results and sell for more money than their standard counterparts. In the end, it’ll take a few hours to reach the Max Herbalism level, but it’s not too difficult to get done and you can idle your character just outside the Grow House when a herb is growing to prevent a long drive back from the city.
Herbalist is an achievement in Mafia III. It is worth 50 points and can be received for: Reach the Max Herbalism level