Everything you need to know about cannabis sap
What is cannabis sap?
Cannabis sap is a term used to describe the liquid that contains most of the cannabinoids within a marijuana plant. It is also a certain type of cannabis concentrate with a texture and look that is sticky, viscous, and runny just like tree sap.
How is cannabis sap made?
Marijuana sap isn’t made so much as it is extracted from a cannabis plants bud flower. There are two different methods that are most commonly used to expose cannabis sap. Harvesting can take place in numerous ways including traditional methods that use CO2 or solvents like butane or alcohol.
Heat treatment- A rosin press will expose and help to extract the bountiful cannabis sap from cured marijuana buds.
Decarboxylation- Baking some nicely cured buds inside of an oven will also draw out the cannabis sap from the plant material.
How to use cannabis sap
Using this type of cannabis concentrate takes a little more work than regular buds, and that’s because of its liquid state which makes it difficult to burn consistently without an outside heat source. There are a few different ways that this marijuana concentrate can be used, all of which you will find explained in detail below. There are a few less conventional methods of consumption included, but all of them can be used to ingest cannabis sap.
Putting cannabis sap in a joint will take a bit of effort and must include the addition of either tobacco or dry marijuana to maintain an even burn.
- Line the center of the inside of a rolling paper with a small amount of cannabis sap.
- Fill the paper with tobacco or dry bud grind and roll it up just as you normally would.
- Now it’s ready to smoke! Light one end and take a few puffs gently. A slow burn is ideal for wasting the least amount of concentrate possible.
Most cannabis smoking devices are equipped with a bowl. Tools like bongs, weed pipes and any others that are meant for dry herb use will have a bowl that is designed to be packed full of marijuana. If you have cannabis sap, but do not have a device meant for marijuana concentrates, then this option can work with no additional investment needed.
- Pack the bowl on the smoking device and drop 1-3 drips of cannabis sap from a pin or similarly shaped object directly on top of the bud grind.
- Now light the smoking device just as you typically would, while trying to focus most of the heat on the center where the concentrate lies. This will help to burn it completely, rather than running down the stems and into the paraphernalia making it difficult to clean and wasting an expensive product.
Dab rigs are meant specifically for marijuana concentrate consumption and are one of the best and most efficient methods out there for smoking cannabis sap.
- Heat the nail using a torch to 550 Fahrenheit. This specific temperature is required to evenly heat all the liquid while still maintaining the flavor and taste.
- Use a dab tool to place some of the cannabis concentrates onto either the plate, or the banger of the device, and inhale through the mouthpiece.
Cannabis sap is excellent for vapers, but the type of vaporizer you have might change how it should be used with the device. Some vapes are only meant to handle concentrates that are reduced to a liquid with the help of a thinning agent. Others allow for directly adding of the sap to a bowl inside. Always check your user manual before putting any type of marijuana products through your vaporizer.
Marijuana edibles are one of the healthiest ways to use cannabis sap, and one of the easiest. Especially for those who have no prior experience with dabbing, smoking, or vaping. Just remember, this concentrate contains anywhere from 80%-100% THC and should be added to recipes with care. Typically, one teaspoon of cannabis sap is enough to infuse anywhere from 6-12 individual servings. You can add even less for a more mellow buzz, and it can be used in just about everything including cakes, candy, cookies, brownies, ice-cream, and so much more. Just be sure to account for the additional liquid being added to the recipe, and you can turn any favorite into a cannabis infused dish.
Cannabis sap can be used orally in the same way other marijuana oils are, by rubbing a small amount along the bottom gum line, or by placing some underneath of the tongue for fast absorption.
- Measure out one small drop of cannabis sap and rub it using an index finger along the bottom gum line or place it under the tongue.
- Do not eat or drink until the sap is completely absorbed.
These are just some of the many ways that cannabis syrup can be enjoyed using any type of smoking devices that you might have lying around. If you know of any other great ways to either extract, or use cannabis syrup, then we want to hear from you. Give us a shout out by dropping us a comment down below.Cannabis sap is a term used to describe the liquid that contains most of the cannabinoids within a marijuana plant. ]]>