- basic site functions
- ensuring secure, safe transactions
- secure account login
- remembering account, browser, and regional preferences
- remembering privacy and security settings
- analysing site traffic and usage
- personalized search, content, and recommendations
- helping sellers understand their audience
- showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy
Required Cookies & Technologies
Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions.
These technologies are used for things like interest based Etsy ads.
We do this with marketing and advertising partners (who may have their own information they’ve collected). Saying no will not stop you from seeing Etsy ads, but it may make them less relevant or more repetitive. Find out more in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy.Check out our dragons blood hemp selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops.
How Long Can Hemp Oil and Water Based CBD Stay in Your System?
Hemp oil and water based CBD products are the new “go-to” products. Hemp-derived products are the only way to go and RESET Bioscience does it best with hemp-derived water based cannabinoid drops. It can better support symptoms for various conditions, from anxiety to skin issues. While the benefits of hemp oil are not in doubt, some people are reluctant to use it because of fear associated with failing drug tests or simply the stigma associated with cannabis. So, the big question is: “How long will hemp oil and other products last in your system?”
This post takes a closer look at hemp oil to show how long it stays in your system. Further, the post also looks at the factors that affect how long the oil can stay in the body, and lists helpful tips for selecting the best seller.
What is Hemp Oil?
Before we tell you how long hemp oil stays in your system , it is crucial to understand what it is. So what exactly is hemp oil ? It is a product extracted from hemp seeds and/or stalk of a hemp plant, for its beneficial alkaloids referred to as phytocannabinoids .
The cannabinoids interact with the human’s endocannabinoid system . The endocannabinoid system is a complex system that can affect human body functions such as brain health and the digestive system, among others.
Notably, hemp oil is a whole plant extract. This implies that it contains many phytocannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes. Some of the main phytocannabinoids in hemp oil include cannabigerol (CBG), cannabichromene (CBC), cannabidiol (CBD), cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), and THC (∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol). Note that under 0.3% of THC is allowed in all hemp products.
At this point, it is also crucial to differentiate between hemp oil and CBD isolate. While hemp oil contains all the phytocannabinoids in a hemp plant, CBD oil only contains one referred to as cannabidiol . CBD oil and water based CBD isolate is made by separating other phytocannabinoids from hemp oil so that only cannabidiol is left.
It’s important to know that everyone metabolizes CBD differently and there’s a wide range of dosing used across conditions. Additionally, depending on product quality, things like water based CBD drops may absorb up to 4 times more CBD into your body than typical hemp oils. It may take some testing to determine what the right amount is for your body, based on your goals. Please contact your primary care physician for specific information on dosing.
- Your Body
Every person’s body is different. Many substances have varying effects on different people. Your BMI (body mass index), metabolism, and water content are some of the things that will impact the length of time that hemp oil will take in your system.
- The Consumption Method
How you take hemp oil is another crucial factor in defining the period it will stay in your body. Indeed, the method of administration could limit the amount that will finally get into the blood. Here are some of the potential methods of administration.
- a) Ingestion : This is one of the common methods used for administering hemp oil. Firstly, CBD is insoluble in water. Then, when you swallow hemp oil,researchers indicate that it is metabolized in the liver, calling that the “first pass” effect. At this stage, the concentration of phytocannabinoids is reduced by a huge margin. It is estimated that only about 6% of the hemp oil you swallow ends up in the bloodstream.
- b) Sublingual: The most efficient way to consume hemp oil is under your tongue. The fancy way of saying that is thesublingualmethod.
- c) Inhaling: This method results in the rapid uptake of hemp oil into the blood system. Whether you take the oil through a vape pen or smoking, the cannabinoids are sent directly to the lungs where they are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.
- d) Topical application: Here, hemp oil is applied directly to the skin for absorption through epidermal membranes.
Will Hemp Oil and Water Based CBD Products Show in a Blood Test?
If your hemp oil contains even trace amounts of THC, it’s possible that it could show up on a test. RESET’s hemp-derived CBD products are THC Free (THC not detectable according to third-party product testing via UHPLC-DAD analysis.)
Now onto the tricky part: although the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill capped the legal limit of THC in hemp products at 0.3%, most drug tests simply look at the presence of THC or its metabolites. For example, most employers follow the Substances Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHSA) that includes simple detection of THC as a red flag.
Will CBD Show in Breast Milk?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) discourages women from taking hemp oil or water based cannabinoid products when breastfeeding. Please consult your physician for specific recommendations related to hemp oil consumption and breastfeeding.
How to Select the Best Hemp Oil Seller
Now that you know how long hemp oil will last in your body, it is important to understand one more thing: the need to only use the best quality. You can only be sure of getting high-quality hemp oil by selecting the best seller. So here are some useful tips to help you identify the best seller:
- Make sure to only purchase oil from naturally grown hemp plants. This is critical in ensuring that the hemp oil and water based cannabinoid products do not contain pesticides and other contaminants. These contaminants mainly get into the hemp plant in the farm and find their way into the final hemp oil.
- Today, many companies are using advanced technologies to help enhance the bioavailability of cannabinoids. Therefore, you should only consider buying from companies that use technologies such as water based pharmaceutical technology.
- Buy hemp oil and water based hemp products that are tested to be free from heavy metals. If the hemp plant used to extract the hemp oil had dangerous heavy metals such as lead and arsenic, they can easily find their way into the final products. As such, you should choose a seller who works with manufacturers who identify and isolate these dangerous compounds.
- Go for sellers who provide third-party testing certificates. This certificate indicates the content of hemp oil or water based cannabinoid products, and also helps to indicate if the hemp oil or water based cannabinoid products have the right levels of THC (less than 0.3%).
- Only buy from companies that have demonstrated commitment to customer value. As more companies enter the hemp niche, you should do your research well to know the one that is committed to customer value. For example, is the company driven by a commitment to customer satisfaction? If the feedback from previous customers was positive, you can also anticipate getting good results. But if the feedback was poor, you are likely to also get disappointed.
The length of time that the hemp oil takes in the body is dependent on several factors, including your metabolism and method of ingestion. Remember that if you want to get the best results from using hemp products, you should only buy from the best sellers in the market.Hemp oil is the new “go-to” product. It can better support symptoms for various conditions, from anxiety to skin issues. While the benefits of hemp oil are not in doubt, some people are reluctant to use it because of fear associated with failing drug tests or simply the stigma associated with cannabis. ]]>